Monday, August 03, 2015

Editor's Note August 2, 2015

In my latest video I review the topics that we discussed int today’s hangout. We kept it tight. Leaving each topic only 15. Starting with the trending topics, we moved into a discussion about friends and boyfriends, thruways, an article about Kevin Heart’s recent comments, the value of marriage in the gay and black communities, socialization, gay culture and the use of labels.

I feel extremely privileged to be able to talk to such a diverse and well-educated group of gay black men each week. Even though I had a rough day, I had to admit that I felt pretty good because of the hangout. I see M3 as my own open classroom where I teach myself about the experiences of gay black men and the world outside of my small town. I wasn’t given those opportunities where I live and I’m grateful to have some many people give up their time and energy to make it happen each week.


No comments: