Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Editor's Note for Jan 6, 2015

I’m not sure how much effort I want to put into writing this personal blog when I have so many other things I need to be doing for M3. At the heart of Male Media Mind was a commitment to writing and producing stellar content. I’m not writing in this blog as a form of vanity; it is a practice that will help me improve my writing and editing skills. Not to mention the clarity and focus I get from the daily practice of journaling. Publishing a few posts a week will only serve to take my private writing to the next level.


This is the first blog entry of 2015 and I'm recording a corresponding video blog entry. I haven't decided if I'm going to write to blog post first and then record the video, but that seems like what I ought to do. I'm not very good on camera, and having a few words to speak each week on my blog will probably improve my performance on the hangouts as well.


I’m editing the journal I write privately for this blog and updating my private journal with metadata to my posts so that I can find more of the information that I’m looking for when it’s time to compile an article or do some life research. I planned on having a New Year's post for M3 about some of the plans that I’m making in my personal and professional life. A week has already passed, and I feel like it might be too late to still publish it, but now that I’m writing in this journal I feel encouraged by the struggle. Writing for the blog is a lot of work. I mean it’s just a lot of work... and I have to really be feeling the topics I’m writing about or else I lose my momentum.

I’m going to change the way I post the hot topics on my timeline on Facebook. I recognized the problem when I saw a 2014 throwback of the year and all my most popular pictures are of the hot dudes that I used to attract people to answer the questions on the Hot Topics. I’m going to put the questions as part of a link similar to the way to place them in the groups on Facebook.

I'm starting a new schedule of getting up at 6:00 am so that I can get some writing done early and make it to the gym. When I’m getting up I'm going to write for about an hour and then head out to the gym. I'm thinking that this could be a way of stimulating my mind. I'll rest and have then use a program to schedule tasks for me to do throughout the week. I can call them my morning planning sessions. I need to schedule my M3 tasks for the week, such as the words of wisdom, hot topics, video editing, article writing and editing, and whatever business calls I need to make ahead of time and make sure I'm making progress on my projects.


No comments: