Friday, June 10, 2016

Editor's Note June10, 2016: Instagram


 


When I joined Instagram about two years ago I had no idea it would become something I’d use everyday. It was just an experiment in micro blogging. I was intrigued, but I didn't like it at first. It required me use my phone to post. But soon I came to see the power of the platform and now it’s the largest following M3 has to date.

We are quickly approaching thirty thousand followers and it all comes from being a consistent user of the platform. It’s almost like an obsession of mind. I will make nearly hourly posts trying to space them out and vary the content. One of the things that makes Instagram so useful is that it can post to multiple platforms at one. So while I’m posting to Instagram I’m also posting to Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. And while other platforms offer this feature, Instagram makes those post much more accessible.

One of the things I’ve recently started doing is featuring followers on out page. I look through the notifications to see who's commented or liked our posts and I direct message then to ask if I can feature them on our page. It’s a great way to reward our active followers with added exposure.
If you’re not on Instagram yet it’s something you should strongly consider.And make sure to follow us

No comments: