Saturday, February 07, 2015

Editor's Note - February 6,2015

Just wanted to give a quick update on what's going on with M3. Just finished editing a video companion to Mark's article about boundaries within friendships. I think the video is one that I'm very proud of and could be relevant to almost anyone dealing with a similar friendship situation, and I'm glad he shared his story with us. I also finished editing the third episode of the M3 Bearcast and will be putting out a the next episode on Tuesday. I'm excited about the direction the podcast is going in, and I'm thinking that subsequent episodes will dig into the topics even more. I haven't had this much satisfaction from a creative endeavor since I started M3. Maybe I should have started a podcast a long time ago.

The weekly hangouts are still going strong after almost two years. I think it might be something about the length that I need to work on. I need to keep them down to a maximum of three hours. I still feel like we need a little more discipline in the segments and maybe more planning on the topics, so our conversations are less circuitous. The hangouts are still some of the best things we do at M3 and I'm always grateful to everyone who shows up for them. The conference calls that we have the night before have greatly improved things in that area, but I think a lot more can be done.

Looking forward to the M3 book club discussion come March. It's a great way to stimulate conversation if we're all reading something. Thing is, getting people to read and write is never an easy task, even amongst those of us who want to be writers. Still, even a little participation is welcome and is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I'm hoping I get a core set of people involved int he writer's workshop and grow it as time goes on.


No comments: